Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Jaw Dropping and Heavenly Mastered Jewelries of Gerry Sunga



















Gerry Sunga - When you're an Elite, a member of the A1 class society (The Altas of Manila) or simply a fashion avant garde worshipper, probably you've heard about his art and the name. His COUTURE Jewelries - each one is indeed a work of art. Their intricacy is beyond words! Intricate details, stunning and immaculately done with glamour.




I have told this story to many friends and family members, but I never actually wrote it down. I might as well do it right here.

It was 2009 when I've heard the name Gerry Sunga, and to admit, I have no idea who he was but my friends in the Social Media who were Designers and Models, whom I never met before, except for the legendary Frederick Peralta at that time were talking about Gerry\s Jewelry designs that was so fabulous and sophisticated.

And because I was so curious who he was, I tried to find his Facebook account, added and messaged him that his designs were so immaculately done and very eccentric that the royals can wear it and bejeweled.

I was happy that he answered back and thank me for my wonderful words.

Philippine Fashion Week 2009 came. While watching Jeffrey Rogador's show, someone texted me. And to my surprise it was the Master Jeweler himself, Gerry Sunga. I was thrilled when he said he wanted to meet me and of course, just like before I was so nervous, that happens when I meet someone who's big in the Philippine Fashion Industry.


Meeting Mr. Sunga was like meeting a Giant since every 'ALTA' of Manila with huge names are using his jewelries. I am delighted to say that I found Mr. Sunga to be a genuinely kind and friendly person! I still feel really happy when I think about that day and I feel so privileged to have been allowed to meet such a wonderful Master Jeweler.It was just like meeting a celebrity in the fashion industry. Not all of us have the opportunity to meet a celebrity, And until recently I thought I wouldn't get the opportunity either.












According to one Blog: (The Stylemongers) Gerry Sunga is a cut above the rest, a jewellers jeweller,widening the gap between a mere goldsmith from an artist whose reputation resonates sheer artistry and love to profession. Armed with impressive credentials and graduated Fine Arts from a prestigious university, Gerry Sunga’s upbringing from the privileged did not make him an accomplished artist overnight… but his total dedication and hardwork. Learning nuances from his experiences, travel, emotional quotients and inspirations add the needed angst to every piece of metal’s transformation to art.
Exploring diversity, Gerry Sunga infused complex and natural materials, sometimes restorative junks mixed with mirrors,felts, and organic fibers of abaca transforming languid pieces to dazzling works of art.He also developed designs beyond aesthetics and collaborated with his team to do contemporary and commercially saleable items..intended for women with discerning taste.Behind every design ethos, is an artist sometimes compromising to showcase products commercially liable yet with high quality.So he began series of new exciting items like ladies bags in limited editions of course!!…frames encrusted with semi precious stones and crystals, jewellery boxes and ornaments for brides.

Couture has been where the business of luxury has been conducted for the past years. From the most exclusive collections from internationally renowned design icons to emerging stars; from timepiece brands to top retailers, Couture has been the destination and the celebration. For Gerry Sunga,With a world looking for the personal and the authentic in every purchase; with jewelry buyers wanting to justify their spend and find the “story” behind their jewelry.

He says I've always been fascinated & challenged by the mastery of ancient Hellinistic art, fashioning rare & precious ornaments which expresses rich & diverse styles ranging from,the Etruscan filigrees, Barbaric & powerful jewels of the Dark Ages, Rennaissance & Baroque,Belle Epoque,Richness of India, Massiveness of Africa,the Exoticness of the Orient,the Art Noveau,the Religious&Eroticism,Gothic&Decadence,the Bizzare,Morbid,Neurotic & Pain contributing a rich vein of handcrafted ideas woven into objects d'Arts,making my pieces volumetric & decorative without compromising its function & wearability.










And of course, I was lucky enough to be jeweled by the Master of Haute Couture Jewelries.



Dining in one of the best parties for the Elite. With Philippine Fashion Week designer Herbert Custodio







Megan Young, Miss World 2013 wearing Gerry Sunga







 
 
 

No comments: